New University Curriculum Set to Launch in September, Says NUC

New University Curriculum Set to Launch in September, Says NUC

 

 

The National Universities Commission has announced that the implementation of the Core Curriculum Minimum Academic Standards (CCMAS) is set to commence in September 2023.

The CCMAS document will serve as a guiding framework for educational institutions in crafting curricula for their respective programs. Its objective is to introduce essential innovations to enhance the content and delivery of programs, thereby contributing to the broader educational and training objectives of the nation.

 

 

During the Stakeholders’ Colloquium on CCMAS held in Abuja, the acting Executive Secretary of NUC, Chris Maiyaki, emphasized that this document will play a pivotal role in elevating Nigerian universities to a prominent position within Africa’s academic landscape.

 

 

Maiyaki outlined that the CCMAS will constitute 70% of the curriculum, with the remaining 30% being customizable by individual universities. This initiative is expected to positively shape the trajectory of the education sector, aligning it with future demands.

 

He further emphasized, “The development of the CCMAS underwent a meticulous process involving experts from our universities, including professors, regulatory bodies, the Nigerian Economic Summit Group, and all relevant stakeholders. This comprehensive approach ensures that graduates are equipped with knowledge and skills that contribute to the nation’s progress.”

 

Prof. Tahir Mamman, the Minister of Education, encouraged universities to effectively utilize the 30% flexibility offered by the university senate’s input. He stressed the importance of acquiring learning outcomes, practical skills, and soft skills that can be readily applied within the university’s environment, the nation, and the global community.

 

“This is an opportune moment for tertiary institutions, especially universities, to formulate a strategy that aligns with their mission of supplying skilled manpower to the nation,” Prof. Mamman affirmed.

 

Also in the news today: EMEFIELE’S FRAUD ARRAIGNMENT DELAY 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

×
Verified by MonsterInsights